Speaker on the Future
James describes himself as ‘an historian of the future’, using the perspectives of history to analyse current realities and explore the shape of things to come:
- ‘Possible futures’ — scenarios for the next 20 years and beyond
- Global shift – the new realities of world economic power
- Sociology of the Future – new rules of everyday life
- Impact of emerging technologies and the wireless world
- Living and working in the Digital Age
- The Digital Consumer
- The Future is Visual
- Corporate Psyche – key to future business success
- Doing business in the future Anywhere Economy
- Innovation in a networked world
- Building a post-carbon future: myth or reality?
Recent conference engagements have taken him to senior level events in venues across Britain and continental Europe and to the Middle East, the US, China, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Uruguay, South Africa, Australia, Malaysia and New Zealand. His audiences have ranged from a company board to a satellite-linked event of many thousands.
His clients include UK government departments and the EU Commission, the British-American Business Council, international professional associations and leading blue chip companies such as IBM, HSBC, Microsoft, Bull, BP, Accenture, Motorola, GE, Barclays Bank, PepsiCo, Gucci, British Telecom, Canon, Symbian, Skillsoft, Pfizer, Nokia, nPower, Orange, PwC, HP and Blackberry.